Thursday, November 1, 2007

National Blog Posting Month... But wait! There's more!

It's National Blog Posting Month! For those not in the know, it's an offshoot of National Novel Writing Month, where you're supposed to write an entire novel in a month. Being the novel reading type, not the writing kind, I decided to jump on this instead. All I'm supposed to do is write an entry a day. Much easier.

So if you haven't seen it, the latest in fast food, pancakes in a can, the Batter Blaster. How this can be labeled as organic is beyond me, especially since I'm certain that the propellant cannot possibly be so. You have to watch the demo. No. Really. You do.

So is this really such a time saver? I can whip up a batch of pancakes in the two or three minutes it takes the skillet to heat up, and while you're waiting for the pancakes to cook, do the dishes, already. I just throw them in the dishwasher anyway. A bowl, a liquid measuring cup, a dry measuring cup, a set of measuring spoons, and a batter spoon, and a small bowl to melt butter in. Wow. Tons of dishes to do. Heck, make up a huge batch on the weekend, stick the leftovers in the fridge, and nuke them for a few seconds. Even faster and they really taste just fine. Promise.

I wonder what the markup on something like that is. Not worth the money, in my opinion.

Thankfully, no store in my area carries it. Yet.




Ah, yes. Yesterday was Halloween. One of my fave holidays. When else do I get to dress up as the Slightly Wicked Witch of the Northwest (hiking boots, jeans, plaid flannel shirt, Gore-tex raincoat, and hat) and sneak candy bars? Especially Reese's peanut butter cups? I'm turning into a pumpkin....

Speaking of pumpkins, I rather like how my jack-o-lantern turned out, although it took WAAAAAAAYYYYY too long:





And this is of some of the maples in our yard a couple weeks ago, that I've been meaning to put up here, but haven't found the opportunity:

No comments: