Sunday, November 18, 2007

Scatterbrained

I have given up on my search for a heritage turkey for this year. I have found some non-organic, locally grown ones, however, so that'll have to do. The only ones I can find are fresh ones, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get my bird. I'll brine her on Wednesday, along with making the pies, starting the rolls, and making more detailed lists.

I am totally scatterbrained, which is not unusual, but this cold makes me more so. Even with a shopping list, I forgot half the stuff I went to the store for today. I kept getting sidetracked - OH! what gorgeous leeks! I must have a couple! Even though I have no idea what I'll use them for. Need potatoes for potato leek soup. Can't think of what else goes into it, though. Huge crowds didn't help at all.

Even at home, I can't seem to remember the most basic things. The boys' coats have mud all over them, and I've only now thrown them in the wash. Thing 1's hood needs to be sewn on as well. So much for an early night. I'll be knitting and watching Persuasion for a while....

No comments: