Friday, November 9, 2007

Oh, deer!

Deer and cars do not mix. They have a tendency to do damage to one another, and should be kept strictly separated.

I was on my way to pick up the boys from school, minding my own business, hands at ten and two, eyes on the road, when all of a sudden...

WHAM! And I see a deer's head, right there in the side window next to me. AAAAGGGH! Where did it come from? Where did it go?

There was no body, so I assume it was all right, though probably a bit worse for wear. It just darted into the road from tall bushes, right into the side of my car. My mirror was shorn off, although there was no other body damage to the car. I pulled over to check for a body, and to pick up the pieces of my mirror. Some twit coming the other way honked at me - okay, can you see that my car is damaged, and that I'm picking up car parts in the other lane? Apparently not.

So today's fun and games have so far included a massive online search for a new mirror (none found), and will continue with calling places to fix my mirror. Unfortunately it was a hit-and-run accident. I'm sure the deer didn't have insurance. If I see it again, I'll cite it for failure to yield right-of-way, improper lane travel, leaving the scene of an accident....




In happier news, our electricity usage was down 11% over the same time last year. Yea!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, that honk means "climb up your own asshole and disappear, fellow road user". I hear it a lot.