Although I haven't been tagged, I'm picking up "The Bloody Good Words Meme: thirteen words (in no particular order) without which life would be ineffably dull" from Hedgewizard's Diary.
1. undulate - Mr. E introduced me to this word, early in our marriage. Although it means hilly or lumpy, I always associate it with him.
2. snuggleupagus - not to be confused with Snuffleufagus, the character from Sesame Street. A home-made word referring to someone you are snuggled up to.
3. acrimony - you can just feel the bitterness when you say it....
4. onomatopoeia - I learned this word when I was in third grade. Thus began my love of very long words, which led to my reading the chemicals listed on the sides of cereal boxes, which in turn led to my becoming a chemist.
5. dalliance - it even sounds flirty.
6. liberal - in the sense "tolerant of views differing from one's own; broad-minded; specifically, not orthodox or conventional"
7. plethora - from one of my favorite quotable movies "Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"
8. mirth - what would life be like without it?
9. isthmus - again, I love the way my mouth feels when I say it.
10. lollygag - from another favorite quotable movie "You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you?"
11. caprice - a Jane word that I totally love.
12. effervesce - what's life without a little bubbly? Of course I prefer mine in the form of Coca-cola.
13. acquaintance - a totally underused word. How else can you describe someone you've met, but don't know very well? Or you don't care for the person enough to call them "friend"?