Saturday, June 21, 2008

Drive-in

Well, I missed yesterday. During dinner we decided to do a spur-of-the-moment trip to the drive-in. Ergo my missing posting since after dinner is usually when I do it. Anyway, we saw Kung-Fu Panda and Get Smart. I thought they did a good job with Get Smart, having grown up watching the TV series. If you've never seen the series, the movie probably wouldn't seem as good. Anyway, we got home at 2am, since the first movie didn't start until 9:30, it being so light out.

Thinking we would all sleep in, Mr. E woke me up at 8:30 with his snoring, and Thing 1 was up at 9. He gets very cranky and unreasonable when he's short on sleep, and so do I. So we were at each other by 11, Mr. E and Thing 2 sleeping away. Which wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that we had company coming over for dinner.

I left to go shopping. I normally don't do this on Saturday, because town is an absolute zoo. But go I must, and when I got to Costco, there wasn't a parking spot to be had. I thought of waiting for this guy to pull out, but I totally hate it when people do that, so I decided to try over on the other side of the lot. Lo and behold, an open parking place right in front of the store. Karma?

In and out and to the grocery store, also a madhouse, and 2-1/2 hours later I'm finally home. I'm totally exhausted and try to sleep, but am woken 15 minutes later.

Dinner went off well (a coworker and his family who just moved from California). Salmon, fruit and green salad, and bread. Now I sleep.

No comments: