Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rest in Peas

Picked, shelled, blanched and froze three pounds of peas today. Thing 2 is the best picker. Although he complains, he misses very few. Thing 1 is almost as fast at shelling as I am, so he helped me mow through the pile. He made up a silly song to pass the time: "Here we are, shelling peas. If we finish, when we die, on our headstone it will read: 'Rest in peas'."

Busy running Thing 1 to the camp-of-the-week, which takes most of the morning up. Preparing Thing 2 for his camp next week.

And trying to keep up with all the produce from the garden. Almost five pounds today, and that doesn't include the garlic which I pulled out, and need to string up in the garage to dry. The list of stuff to plant is growing.

Part of the problem is that I'm reading a page-turner of a book The Master Butcher's Singing Club by Louise Erdrich. I love her writing. I'm almost to the end. Finishing will free up some time, I hope.

Made a new dinner, Chicken Mole. Great way to get a chocolate fix. Mine wasn't quite chocolatey enough, but tasty. Need to tweak the recipe.

Tomorrow is shopping day, library day, etc.

No comments: