Friday, November 4, 2011

Baking season

I tend to think of seasons in terms of food.  There's soup season, salad season, apple season, strawberry season.  Right now it's baking season.  After not using the oven much all summer, I'm ready to make breads, pies, cakes, cookies, and roast meats and veggies.  After a stormy week, I was in need for a little sunshine in the form of coconut macaroons.  Mmmmm.  I'm not quite into holiday cookie and gingerbread season, but I'm getting there.

Oh, last night hubby and I went out to Brouwer's, and I had the yummiest hard cider - Ace Pumpkin Cider.  It doesn't taste like pumpkin, more like a mulled sweet cider, with a hint of fizz.  I wish I could find some bottled somewhere....  Looks like it was hugely popular, and they're planning on making lots more next year.  That's a good thing!  Someday I'd like to try homebrew hard cider.  We certainly have enough apples for it.

What's your favorite food season?

No comments: