Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Tomato!

I got back from vacation to find my first ripe tomatoes! And my first cucumber! Yippee! And I'd love to show them to you, but my normal computer won't connect to the net, and I'm stuck using my son's ancient second-hand laptop.

Been really busy as well, what with all the laundry from a week's camping trip, and school forms to be filled out, etc. All the rain we've been having has slowed the gardening up a bit, but the whole yard needed it since we don't water our lawn at all but especially...

...every day (which isn't allowed) like Mr. Creepy next door. Speaking of which, he built the aforementioned fence while I was away. It totally cuts off the view between the driveways, so I hope for all the neighborhood children that ride their bikes, scooters, etc. up and down our driveway, that these people are very careful pulling out of their driveway, or someone's going to get killed. Not to mention the fact that the fence doesn't gel with the neighborhood, and makes them look like the jerks they are - it's so obviously a spite fence. And all because I informed him that he was bulldozing a native growth area. Wow.

I do feel bad for the rest of the neighborhood that I haven't gotten out to weed the front like I normally do, but one of Mr. Creepy's workers parks in front of, and sometimes in, my front flower bed, and since the car looks like something from a serial killer movie, I'm not going out there while it's there. Which is every day.




So the weather is supposed to dry out starting tomorrow, so hopefully we can finish painting the house this weekend. It's starting to feel like fall already, and I have so much planting to get done - onions and whatnot. Been a very short spring/summer if the weather stays this way. Seems like our summers are ending earlier here in Western Washington. Or at least the rain is starting earlier. Anybody else notice that?

No comments: