Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recycled Jeans Quilt

Ta-Da! I finally finished Thing 2's Recycled Jeans Quilt.
I think it turned out cute. I used the general pattern for a throw from allpeoplequilt.com, but didn't use binding, and instead added a couple of extra rows to make it the right length for my son's loft bed. Then, instead of making a normal pieced top, I did a rag quilt, making the seam allowances show, clipping them, and giving it a "cut-offs" kind of look. I even included a couple of pockets. I didn't quilt it, but rather tied it using DMC embroidery floss. The backing is basic white muslin.

I'm on a project-finishing rampage for a while, trying to find my office/computer/craft/mess room. Now I can at least get my work table and floor clear of all sewing paraphernalia.

No comments: